- The gas bottle on board will run the heating, hot water and fridge if no hook up is available.
- The leisure battery will run the lights, water pump and TV, If Hook up is not available you can turn the engine on in a morning to recharge the leisure battery.
- The motorhome will require electrical hook up in order to use the 240v 3 pin plug sockets.
- On collection of the motorhome, you will be given a full demonstration from our staff, you will also be provided with a detailed “ How to guide” as we understand it can be a lot to take in.
Please be mindful when parking the motorhome and remember that parking overnight at the side of the road is not permitted in England. Scotland however, allows wild-camping particularly in the Highlands and Islands. This is dependant on the area, as some areas have no camp zones.
We advise to book campsites in advance, particularly in high season to avoid disappointment. We provide a Privilege Scheme Card for the Camping and Caravanning Club free with every hire, which gives you member rates at over 120 award winning UK and Northern Ireland campsites.
If possible, hard standing pitches are best as they make parking easy. Check the facilities available with the campsite, and whether there is mains power, water, grey waste and toilet facilities.
You can leave the car at the Depot whilst out on hire, however it is left to your own discretion and we are not liable for any damage.
Yes, your motorhome provides your own kitchen and washroom and so is classed as self contained accommodation under current UK guidance.
Where possible, we will try our best to accommodate booking alterations, up to 60 days prior to your original hire date. New hire dates must be within the same calendar year, are subject to availability and must be of corresponding value.
Interest can be registered at our offices at Preston Caravans and Motorhomes, alternatively you can call our office for further information and availability on 01772 685949. Upon booking you will need to pay a non-refundable booking deposit of 40% of your total rental cost or full payment if it’s a late booking. The full balance will need to be paid no later than 6 weeks before collection. On the day of collection, a security deposit of £1000 will be taken. This acts as an insurance excess during your hire, and will be refunded provided that the vehicle is returned clean and undamaged as described in our terms and conditions.
Yes, pets are allowed. Your hire will be subject to a £40 additional fee which will be payable with your balance before collection.
Vehicle insurance and breakdown cover is included. This does not cover your personal items or luggage.
We will provide a full handover upon collection.
The motorhome is provided with a range of crockery, cutlery and utensils for you to use. You will need to provide your own bedding such as pillows and sleeping bags, towels, TV, although these can be provided at an additional cost.
- Dinner plates
- Small plates
- Cutting knife set
- Frying spatula
- Can opener
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Dustpan and brush
- Toilet chemicals
- Gas bottle (1 x full)
- Level blocks
- First aid kit
- Warning triangle
- Bulb and fuse kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Spare water pump
- High visibility jacket
- Your full driving licence
- As we will require confirmation of your endorsements or lack of we will need to access your online DVLA record. This can be done with the use of your National Insurance number via this link: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence Once you have logged in, please select the “Share your licence information” option and select “Create a code”. This code is valid for 21 days and must be brought with you on the day of collection or alternatively you can email this through to us beforehand.
- You must provide a total of 2 proofs of address from the the following: 1x primary proof of address + 1x secondary proof of address OR 2x primary proof of address. See below for document criteria.
Key document criteria: –
Primary Proof of Address – Electricity – Water – Gas – Broadband/Landline (Including Sky/Virgin/BT) – Council tax – TV licence – Bank Statement – Credit card bill / statement – Mortgage statement – Polling card – HMRC self-assessment / tax credit / DWP
Secondary Proof of Address – Student loan – Shotgun licence – Payslip – Mobile Phone Bills – Pension letters – Car Finance Statement – Loan Statement – Property deed
All proofs of address must be dated within 90 days of the hire date. The address and name on your licence must match both documents.
What is declined– Any document relating to insurance and any document that does not meet the above mentioned criteria – please contact us if you are unsure. (Further criteria may apply – please review the most recent documentation issued by insurers)
- Two proofs of address – see the criteria above.
- Your full driving licence issued by your country of residence OR your international driving licence if you’re driving licence is written in a different language to English.
- A copy of your UK campsite reservation confirmation.